Booking a group trip in terms of the package travel policy
FORM - ONLINE - FOR INFORMATION TO THE TRAVELER ON A PACKAGE AWARD UNDER SECTION 651A OF THE CITIZENS 'DOCUMENT
The combination of travel services offered is a package holiday within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302. Therefore, you can claim all the EU rights that apply to package holidays. The company DLT Travel GmbH bears full responsibility for the proper execution of the entire package holiday. In addition, the company DLT Travel GmbH has the statutory protection for the repayment of your payments and, if the transport is included in the package, to ensure your return in case of bankruptcy.
Important rights under the Directive (EU) 2015/2302
• The travelers will receive all essential information about the package before the conclusion of the package travel contract.
• At least one entrepreneur is always liable for the proper provision of all travel services included in the contract.
• Passengers will receive an emergency telephone number or contact details to contact the tour operator.
• Passengers may transfer the package holiday to another person within a reasonable time and, possibly, at additional cost.
• The price of the package holiday may only be increased if certain costs (for example fuel prices) increase and if this is expressly provided for in the contract and in any case no later than 20 days before the start of the package holiday. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the package price, the traveler can withdraw from the contract. If a tour operator reserves the right to a price increase, the traveler has the right to a price reduction if the corresponding costs decrease.
• Travelers can withdraw from the contract without payment of a cancellation fee and receive a full refund of all payments if any of the essential elements of the package holiday, with the exception of the price, is significantly altered. If the operator responsible for the package cancel the package before the start of the package, the travelers are entitled to reimbursement and possibly compensation.
• Passengers may withdraw from the contract in the event of exceptional circumstances prior to the start of the package without paying a cancellation fee, for example if there are serious safety issues at the destination likely to affect the package holiday.
• In addition, travelers can withdraw from the contract at any time prior to the start of the package holiday by paying a reasonable and justifiable cancellation fee.
• If, after the start of the package, essential elements of the package holiday can not be arranged in accordance with the agreement, the traveler must be provided with appropriate other arrangements at no extra cost. The traveler may withdraw from the contract without payment of a cancellation fee (in the Federal Republic of Germany this right is called "termination"), if services are not provided in accordance with the contract and this has significant effects on the provision of the contractual package tour services and the tour operator fails to remedy create.
• The traveler is entitled to a price reduction and / or compensation for damages if the travel services are not provided or are not properly provided.
• The tour operator will assist the traveler if he/she is in trouble.
• In the event of the insolvency of the tour operator or, in some Member States, of the travel agent, payments will be reimbursed. If the tour operator or, if relevant, the travel agent enters into insolvency after the start of the package and if the carriage is part of the package, the return of passengers is guaranteed. DLT Travel GmbH has completed a bankruptcy insurance with R + V Allgemeine Versicherung AG. The travelers can contact this institution R + V Versicherung AG, address: Raiffeisenplatz 1, 65189 Wiesbaden, if they are denied benefits due to the bankruptcy of DLT Travel GmbH.
Website on which the Directive (EU) 2015/2302 can be found in the form transposed into national law: www.implementation-guideline-eu2015-2302.de.